Net Boulevard Inc. is an Internet start-up that is developing a series of national and regional job websites, including jobs.ca, torontojobs.com and govjobs.ca. We require a full-time LAMP programmer with Joomla experience to help execute our vision.

Your Talent

Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience developing LAMP based web applications in both procedural and OOP programming styles;

• Writing standards-compliant CSS, HTML, XML, JavaScript, and AJAX;
  • Knowledge in Joomla installation, configuration, administration, security, and optimization;
  • Knowledge and experience in creating Joomla components, modules, and mambots;
  • Knowledge and experience in customizing existing Joomla 3rd party components, modules, mambots, and plug-ins;
  • Working within Linux and Windows in a primarily open-source environment;
  • Good understanding of Apache web server configuration and Linux administration skills;
  • You write high quality code: you follow web standards; you document; you appreciate the beauty of well-formed code, but not to the point of obsession;
  • Quick learner - you're comfortable digging into legacy systems and hacking existing code;
  • Ability to complete projects you promise on time;
  • Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure;
  • Results focused: you're a self-starter, a self-manager and are motivated by problems and challenges;
  • You are capable of working with strong personalities.

The successful candidate will initially be working remotely and must own their computer and have internet access. We’d prefer a candidate who has completed a related diploma or degree program and preference will be given to candidates located in Kelowna, BC.

This is a ground floor opportunity in a company that has a clear trajectory for its future. Our starting salary range is $42,500 to $52,500 per annum, depending on experience. As we succeed, so will remuneration and opportunity.

Please send a resume and introductory email to the attention of David Fowler at hiring@jobs.ca stating your interest in the position and your expected salary.

Tags: canada.programmer, developer, jobs, php

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Luck mate with your expansion.

We are presently contracting out development of the sites, with Phase 1 0f jobs.ca released.  We are working on Phase 2 plus the other sites now.  Contracting out is great in the early stages but we need somebody inhouse for everyday troubleshooting, fixing and new features. 

I completely agree about having in-house developers ( that's me ). I'm working on some pretty interesting stuff; I started out with Joomla, and moving towards our own in-house CMS, job ad network, advanced  job search api, and job distribution platforms; so I can control everything - I have a business partner who - takes care of us financially I'm just waiting on him to start preparing to start selling our services - so I can see how he is going to be doing so. 

If I can ask what what all are you trying to do? Can I help in anyway? I can give advice on certain aspects of how to accomplish certain task in Joomla, and API development as my main career has been a LAMP, HTML/CSS and ColdFusion Developer for over 8 years now;

RSS

Agency Acumen

By Cindy Songne, Simply Hired

Recruitment advertising agencies remain a valued partner of many corporate recruiting teams and continue to play a significant role in the development and implementation of their sourcing and recruiting strategy. Cindy Songne, Senior Director Agency Relations at Simply Hired, has served as the liaison between job boards and these agencies for many years. Her biweekly column will explain the role, practices and business model of agencies and the best approaches to developing a sound business relationship with them.

View Blog

Dissecting Big Data

By David Bernstein, eQuest

While metrics and analytics have always played a role in recruitment, it wasn’t until the advent of Big Data that recruiters and employment sites began to consider how best to acquire and exploit the huge volume of data now available.  David Bernstein, Vice President of the Data Analytics Division at eQuest, has been at the forefront in thinking through these issues.  His biweekly column will examine emerging opportunities and best practices for leveraging Big Data to make decisions and take actions that are better informed.

View Blog

© 2014   Created by Peter Weddle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service